March 27, 2015

Cool Color Combo -- Spring Jumpsuit #4

The final look in my Jumpsuits for Spring series is this beauty from JIBRI. I fell completely in LOVE with the piece -- the design, the cut and the color -- when I first saw it. I purchased it well over two years ago and this is the first time I've worked it. It's very funky and free-spirited with a classic feel, which is very much how I would described my style.



For as long as I can remember, I have always had an affinity for non-traditional clothing, something that my mom, aunts, sister and sisterfriends would not necessarily select or wear themselves. This jumpsuit completely fit the bill. It's also one of the reasons why JIBRI is one of my favorite designers. The clothes are always on trend and the fact that they are designed specifically for curvy/plus size women is a major plus. While this jumpsuit is no longer available, there are several similar options here. I have to get my hands on one of the denim offerings!


I understand some people would not necessarily choose this jumpsuit because the "harem/hammer pants" bottom tends to make you look wider. That didn't bother me. However, I did think is was necessary to create the illusion of a smaller waistline by pairing the jumpsuit with a wide obi belt. The neutral belt and clutch bag played well against the bright turquoise and the giraffe print shoes mixed well with everything else.


I like how it all came together and I hope you do too. I also hope this post, like all my fashion posts, inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and have fun with your clothes. Lord knows I try to.

Hope you enjoyed the jumpsuit series! If you haven't seen the other romper/jumpsuit posts, you can find them here, here, and here.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by, and I encourage you to leave a comment! I love reading what my followers have to say!!!!

Love,

NikkiFree

All photos by Markus Moore for BigTime Images.

SHARE:

5 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig