March 30, 2015

Camouflage --- The Perennial Print

Like tartan and leopard print, camouflage is a print that never really goes out of style. It may go dormant for a few years here and there, but it's always being recreated and reintroduced as a fashion staple year after year. Although it is synonymous with military wear and combat missions, I've always had an affinity with this rugged print. But when paired with a more tailored and polish look, camo can be easily transformed into a pretty preppy look.

Iconic luxury fashion houses, like Valentino, have fully incorporated camo looks in their collections for a few years now. Valentino's use of the print is probably the most visible and the vibrant splashes of color can be found on an assortment of absolutely delicious accessories including this great clutch and matching pumps, these fun and functional sneakers and this sporty tote.





I love a good camouflage look, and it doesn't have to be expensive at all. The pants I'm wearing are from the spot I love to get authentic camo pieces ... The Army Navy Store. These are rugged and when paired with a denim shirt and a classic black pump become a very classic sporty look. I added a silver chain belt and my small black Chanel with silver details. It's the perfect look for a day of lunching and shopping with the girls. I love the drawstring at the ankles of the pants as it adds another cool style element to the look.



I envision a lot of different looks with these pants. I'm thinking a white tee, moto jacket, and embossed snake print slip on sneakers paired with these same pants might be the next look for these camos. What do you think?

As always, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope this post inspires you to play around with camo in your wardrobe!

Until Next Time,


NikkiFree




SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig