April 3, 2015

Demestiks-cated!

If you aren't familiar with Demestiks New York by Reuben Reuel, you are truly missing out on something fantastic! I discovered this brand and the Brooklyn-based designer behind it on Instagram a few years ago, and have been a fan every since. The womenswear line features Dutch wax prints and other classic African patterns, and is curvy girl friendly as each piece can be customized to a buyer's unique measurements if necessary.


The line's popularity hit an all-time high when Queen Bey, yes Beyonce, was spotted on Instagram rocking out in fabulous pieces from the line. What an accomplishment for an independent line that was introduced publicly about 5 years ago.


I've purchased my fair share of pieces from the brand over the years, and I must say, I have yet to be disappointed. Reuben is always introducing new pieces and lines, all of which are simply gorgeous. When I saw this skirt, I knew I had to have it. I think it is simply gorgeous.




If you are looking for unique printed pieces that you can easily transform from casual to dressy, and allows you to stand out in the crowd, I suggest you get Demestiks-cated and add a few pieces to you wardrobe. Can't wait to share some of my other favorite pieces from the line with my followers!




Hope you like how I styled the skirt by adding yellow accessories. I like how it all came together. Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Nikki Free

All photos by Markus Moore for BigTime Images.
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. But that Chanel logo clutch tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my most prized possessions. LOL!

      Delete
  2. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loveeeeee! I need this in my wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda! The print is sold out but new styles are coming next week according to Rueben.

      Delete
  4. Love this look! Cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look! Cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gagging over this skirt! Love it! I must check out Demestik :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I'm in love! AND I can get it made short girl style. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love Love this skirt - the colors are beautiful and you look great in it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Kick! Thanks for always supporting me!

      Delete
  10. Mommy just saw your skirt and wants it. LOL! This is so her style! We are heading to the site now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just read your interview on 40PlusStyle - sooo happy that I found your blog! You are very inspiring! Love this ensemble very much - perfect in every way! And thank you for introducing to Reuben, he is such a fantastic designer, I will definitely purchase his garments, so much talent and life in them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just read your interview on 40PlusStyle - sooo happy that I found your blog! You are very inspiring! Love this ensemble very much - perfect in every way! And thank you for introducing to Reuben, he is such a fantastic designer, I will definitely purchase his garments, so much talent and life in them!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig