March 18, 2015

Spring Is For Jumpsuits

Spring can't get here fast enough!!! I am so totally over winter, most especially because just about all my business travel since October has been to places with unusually cold temperatures. I had NO IDEA that Dallas, Texas could get so darn frigid. But I digress ....

In anticipation of Spring, I've decided to do four separate posts in a series discussing my favorite jumpsuits for Spring. I live for a good comfortable jumpsuit or romper, but I must admit, as my waistline and thigh circumference grew, I didn't feel very comfortable in them at all. I either looked like a stuffed sausage or my inner thighs would "chew" the fabric ... so much so it would appear as the leg length of the jumpsuit was 3 inches too short. It simply way NOT a good look. Now, more and more plus size options are available and I have three really great ones to share with you.

Out the gate is this colorful and vibrant little number I snatched up for less than $20 during a sale at Fashion To Figure. I love the cut and fabric, both of which are forgiving on curvy girls. I also love that it has pockets and a tapered leg. Everything about this jumpsuit is just right!



This piece is really easy to dress up with the right accessories for a date night or with a pair of flat sandals, a sun hat and a beach bag for a walk on the beach or boutique shopping.


One of my favorite colors is orange, and I think it really compliments my complexion. As you can see, I accessorized with an orange clutch, bracelet and beaded necklace. As not to deflect from the brightness of the jumpsuit, I wore neutral platform sandals.



I hope you like this look. I would totally recommend it for curvy ladies. Be aware though, it runs awfully big in the chest area.

Happy Shopping and thanks for stopping by. I hope you like the look!

Love,

NikkiFree


All photos by Markus Moore for BigTime Images.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Nikki, this is another cute look. I have often shied away from clothing that would draw attention to my butt, but this looks perfect for Spring and Summer activities in FL. I'm almost 42, I may as well get over myself and step outside of my comfort zone. Thanks for providing this blog (and the clothing websites) so that I can become a little more adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand your trepidation M. Climes. But like you said, we're a little too mature (and MARRIED) to be worrying about the same things we were concerned about as teens and when we were in our 20s. I created this blog to inspire women of all ages and sizes that we are all beautiful and can be as stylish as we want to be. There are a lot of options out here now for EVERYBODY!

      Delete
  2. I'm so afraid of patterns... Especially multi-colored patterns. This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would look GREAT on you too! You should try it out!

      Delete
    2. Kierra, I agree with Nikki! I bet you could rock this look!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss! I Love it! The orange accessories really set it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great look on you! Love the subtle nod to our alma mater too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great look on you! Love the subtle nod to our alma mater too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And of course, FAMU is well represented in this ensemble. LOL!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig