May 8, 2017

Walk On The Wild Side: 6 Tips On How To Wear Animal Prints (UPDATED with discount code)

In the 18th century when Europeans began colonizing Africa and Asia, they would bring home the skins of the animals they found and hunted for food on these continents. The exotic markings of tigers, giraffes, leopards and zebra would eventually be reproduced on various silk and cotton fabrics becoming mainstays on not just clothing but home decor as well. In the 20th century, animal print in fashion became synonymous with Hollywood starlets and their innate sex symbol personas. 

Things haven’t changed much in terms of the sexiness these prints exude, and  neither has their staying power in fashion. In fact, as I write this post, I find it ironic that my nightgown is leopard print and I have faux polar bear fur rugs on my office floor with a pair of giraffe print heeled sandals resting on it. Ha! I am totally sold on animal print. 


So you can just imagine my delight when I received this tiger print off the shoulder maxi dress from Teddy at Cherry Blossoms Dress. I've told you guys before how much I love this little gem of an Etsy boutique. You can read my previous posts here and here

This dress is perfect for the season and so on trend. I love the length and the pockets, as well as the print and the fabric from which it is made. It’s thin enough to keep you cool, but thick enough as not to be see thru it. Cherry Blossoms Dress just gets it right! 
Dress | Necklace | Hat | Watch | Bag | Shoes 

I know wearing (almost) head to toe animal print can be intimidating for some of you but fear not! Animal prints are really the new neutrals. Think about it, the prints usually include a beige, a brown and a black and can be worn with pretty much everything. Just don’t over do it by wearing the entire animal kingdom at once ok? K! 

Here are a few tips on getting it right … EVERY TIME! 
  1. Start small. Don’t go full cheetah the first time out. Less can be more when you are just getting into the groove.
  2. Try accessories first. A pair of earrings, a cuff bracelet, a pretty pendant will add a subtle hint of the print until your are ready for a full safari moment. 
  3. Up the style ante on any simple/subtle look with a pair of animal print pumps. Now you are feeling a bit more adventurous. 
  4. Dress up a white tee by pairing it with your favorite sexy black jeans and a cool leopard print blazer or cropped jacket.
  5. Looking to make a bold statement? Add a pop of color. Reds and orange look great paired with the right animal markings.
  6. Wanna go bolder? Mixed patterns like a black and white striped shirt and a leopard skirt when done right can be heavenly together.
How do you DO animal print? Share your looks on Instagram and tag me in them so I can see how stylish you all are! Check out Cherry Blossoms Dress too for some great items straight outta Bulgaria.

As always, thanks for stopping by and remember in the world of fashion, leopard is a color! 

DISCOUNT CODE: Due to the overwhelming response I received regarding this dress,  I asked Cherry Blossoms Dress for Friends, Family & Followers discount code. They obliged. Use NIKKIFREE at checkout on the Cherry Blossoms Dress site to receive 20% OFF your entire order. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig