May 30, 2017

Spring/Summer 2017 Swimwear Lookbook -- Part 2


Although it has already been hot, sticky and muggy in all parts of the southern most states, we are still about a month away from the first days of summer. It’s coming fast and I am all ready for it thanks to some amazing new swimwear I've been able to get my hands on. Dips in the pool just got that much more stylish for girls with curves thanks to the amazing availability of plus size swimwear from so many brands.


If you missed Part 1 of my very first Swimwear Lookbook, you can view it here. In it I featured a few of my favorite suits from Curvaceous Boutique and ELOQUII. In this post, I am sharing even more, with a little focus on coverups and poolside lounge wear.  Let’s jump right in … 


Sexy On The Beach
Listen, everything about this swimsuit from the Gabi Fresh Collection for Swimsuits For All exudes sexy. I absolutely felt like a Bond Girl in this two piece with buckles and straps on the bikini bottom. And do you see the lift the top gives “the girls”? I mean I want the same masterful engineering they placed in this bikini top in all my bras. I haven’t been lifted this high since my boobies started growing back in junior high school. LOL! 

This is by far my favorite swimsuit of all the ones in my lookbook. The color is unique, the fit is perfect and the sex appeal is truly undeniable. This one gets the highest of marks in fit, style, price ($100 but so worth it). I paired it with a flowing peacock printed coverup made exclusively for me by Neva Marie Designs. I asked her to add the train for even more drama and I love the way this entire look came together. Now off to have that martini at the bar ….. shaken, not stirred of course. This is another fave from the Gabi Fresh collection too. 


Glamour Glamour  
The Ocean Diva Swim Dress from Glamour Glamour Swimwear is such a fun, functional and fabulous suit for the curvy fashionista who is stepping outside of her comfort zone by even putting on a swimsuit in the first place. While the neon floral pattern might be a bit overwhelming at first, the swim dress  conceals the tummy and parts of the upper thigh — areas some women are self-conscious about. What I love most about this suit is that it is designed by plus model Tricia Campbell. Tricia is no stranger to fashion, fit and design as she attended fashion school is a fit model for several of our favorite brands. She wanted to design suits from the fit model perspective and we should all be thankful for it. Tricia gifted me this suit during the Curvy Caribbean Conference in Jamaica in April. It’s also where she officially launched her first Glamour Glamour line to rave reviews. Had I purchased this suit, I probably would have gone down a size as the top is a little too big. But I do love the mesh and the halter detailing. Wanna stand out at the pool or on the beach? Get your hands on a piece of Glamour Glamour.



Cool Coverup
Speaking of Jamaica, there were some awesome local independent designers featured at the Curvy Caribbean Conference. (I promise a blog post is forthcoming, just been having difficulty with my videography.) One such fab indie designer and hairstylist was Neahlis who designed this lovely swim coverup. I love the colors, pattern and flowing aesthetic. It’s perfect for lounging and exuding diva behavior! I paired it with this black mesh sleeve swimsuit I bought last season from SimplyBe (so unfortunately it's sold out.) I love the zipper at the breast and the mesh sleeves which both give this otherwise simple black swimsuit a little sex appeal. Here are a few cute suits that are still available at Simply Be that I think are really cute (here, here and here.)





Loungin’ 

Every girl needs a poolside piece that’s not only fashionable and eye-catching, but that can also serve as stylish resort wear for that little lunch date by the beach. For that perfect item look no further than JIBRI. With the recent launch of their 2017 Poolside & Resort Wear collection, JIBRI takes pool lounging style for curvy women to an entirely new level. Their offerings include this lovely floral print sleeveless v-neck jumpsuit, a gorgeous metallic gold sheer slouch dress and a fabulous flowy gingham print maxi dress. There are more than 15 new pieces in this collection that make dressing up to go to the pool a must! JIBRI’s warm weather outfits are here to make you shine! 






Swirl Power
Ever worn an outfit that made you feel like you could rule the world? Maybe you have a favorite “power” suit or go to look that exudes an “I’m in charge” kinda prowess? That’s how I feel about this ELOQUII swimsuit. The crisscross halter top and high-waisted bodice screams “I’m the Head Swimmer in Charge.” The fit was perfect and the halter holds everything in place. I like the simplicity of the back straps and how comfortable they are. Not having the extra stress around the back of my neck is definitely an added plus. You know how tops that tie in the back can sometimes create tension. Not with this suit! All these pros are definitely contributing factors to this suit selling out so fast. I also love the vibrant colors and swirl print. ELOQUII has a crop top and flair skirt in this same print that everyone seems to love too. This is my third swimsuit to review from the brand and all of them fit perfectly! Kudos to ELOQUII for making plus size swimwear that is as great as their apparel! Suit courtesy of ELOQUII






Dive In To These Swim Picks ...


I so hope you enjoyed taking this journey to the pool with me! Doing this post was very liberating and another step in the direction of total body acceptance. I also hope you have been inspired to step outside your own comfort zone. Now that brands are focusing on designing the perfect plus swimsuits, there are so many great options for us to choose from. Fr that, I am grateful! Thanks for stopping by and here’s to tons of fun in the sand, surf and sun!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig