March 10, 2015

Patent Leather Love

Since discovering independent curvy clothing line JIBRI a few years ago, I've been a fan, most especially of her high-waisted circle skirts. I've ordered my fair share of pieces from the line and every time I wear a Jibri original I get tons of compliments. Whenever the line's founder and designer, Jasmine Elder, introduces a new collection, I'm usually all over it.

So when Jasmine announced that she'd be hosting a JIBRI Pop Up Shop in Atlanta, I was determined to stop by and pick up a few things. And while Jasmine and I had chatted over email and Instagram on several occasions, we had never formally met each other. This was my opportunity to meet THE DESIGNER and she is the sweetest most gracious person I've met in a while. She recognized me from my IG posts and we hit it off immediately. I felt like we were old friends.


JIBRI is dedicated to creating garments for the fashion-conscious, curvy woman. The label is a perfect combination of high fashion chic and urban street sleek in sizes 14-24. Jibri features classic construction, and vintage inspiration. A JIBRI garment is created from unique fabrics and images. Each collection includes a variation of garments that focus on fabulous fit and individuality.

At the Pop Up Shop there were so many great new items to choose from. The colors, the cuts, the quality of her upcoming spring collection is amazing. I feel in love with some many pieces. There were also great finds, like this patent leather skirt, from previous collections that were even discounted. When I tried on this skirt, I fell in complete love. I knew immediately I had to have it and how many different ways I would style it.



Here, I've paired it with this mustard colored, sleeveless turtleneck from Lane Bryant that I purchased before Christmas. I knew I wanted to pair this cute top with something equally as cute and dramatic. This DIY clutch bag, made from weaving strips of magazine pages together, tied everything together nicely. And the Jeffery Campbell shoes, probably my favorite pair ever, with the acrylic heel, offered a very nice touch. I completely built this entire look around this fabulous skirt. Can't wait to pair it with other pieces in my closet.





In fact, I'm attending a pretty exciting event next week in Chicago and I think this skirt will make yet another appearance. Stay tuned ...

Hope you enjoyed The Look!

Love,

NikkiFree

Fashion photos by Markus Moore for BigTime Images.
SHARE:

14 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig