May 28, 2015

The Utility Jumpsuit

Jumpsuits have made one helluva comeback over the last few seasons, and one of the hottest trends for Spring 2015 is the utility jumpsuit! Every celebrity is rocking one, from Rihanna to Rainbow (Tracee Ellis Ross' character on Black-ish) and the casual comfort offered by these often oversized all-in-one pieces make them so easy to wear.




The tomboy that lives inside of me is so drawn to this look, and it's extremely easy to add feminine touches with appropriate girly accessories. You can dress up your utility jumpsuit by wearing heels and jewelry for a more feminine look or simply wear it oversized with flats for a more masculine feel.




One thing is for sure, the key to mastering the utility trend is to this rugged and durable look appear luxe. To accomplish this, I paired my army green military-style jumper for Asos (here) with my iconoclastic Louis Vuitton "Bag With Holes" Rei Kawakubo, the Japanese fashion designer and founder of Comme des Garçons. I also wore my LV peep toe platform pumps to this look. I added large gold disk earrings and a gold Chanel cuff that was gifted to me several years ago by a friend. I think the brown, camel and gold colors complimented the army green hue of the jumpsuit, yet helped to stay true to the overall rugged look.




I am obsessed with MAC's Lady Danger lipstick and I love the way it added just a subtle pop of color to this otherwise neutral look. I love the way everything came together! I hope you do too!

Ladies, have fun with your clothing. It's a great way to express who you are without ever having to open your mouth!

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,

NikkiFree


All photos by Markus Moore for BigTime Images.
SHARE:

3 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig